Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Be Carefull When Painting With A Dark Semi Gloss Paint

My son wanted his room painted dark mallard green. I refused to paint the whole room that dark. So I decided to paint most of the room a pale green and then just one wall the dark color. Well this was a newly sheet rocked room, so I started with the primer like I always do. Then I did the pale green it took 2 coats and looked beautiful. Now it was time to do the mallard green. I put on 3 coats and there was still some places that looked lighter then the others. I just went around and just put a 4th coat on the parts that looked lighter. It turned out very nice. But, I think if I had put on a 4th coat of paint all over it would have still had spots that were lighter then the rest.

I chose the semi gloss because in a little boys room, I know the walls are going to get very dirty. We burn wood too, so this is the only way to go for us. I can just wash the walls down each Spring and they are like brand new.

I put up a John Deere tractor border around the pale green part. It looks beautiful. Now I need to get up the trim boards and lay a carpet. My job is never done with my old house.

No comments:

Post a Comment