Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

Am I just a housewife?

I am just a housewife some people would say. I am a lot more then that. I am a homeschooling mom, a cook, the cleaning lady, assistant treasurer and Sunday school teacher for teen girls at church, I love to do crafts and most of all, I am famous around this small town for doing weird home projects.

My friends call and ask "So what is today's project?" So I thought why not write a blog about it. Each day I will write about what is going on, what I have done for a project and how it turns out. It should be interesting.

I believe very strongly that there is nothing that a housewife can't do if she wants to. Let me tell you about my biggest project. My house, I bought a house 3 years ago. It was built in the 40's, rumor has it that the mafia built it as a hunting camp. I don't know if that is really true or not. I just know that I loved the house and had to have it. Now this is the crazy part. My house was in horrible shape. It was all moldy and I gutted it out and have been redoing it slowly. I do it as I have time and as my purse will allow. I don't want to go far in debt, I just want to do a daily project until it all gets done. I work on this place so much that I have been mistaken as a contractor in my small town.

My favorite place to go is Home Depot!! That is a project in itself to find what I need and then to load it on the pickup and to unload it when I get home.

A housewife's job is NEVER done!!!

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment