Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Collecting Old Jars and Bottles Part 2

Today, I found the honey hole of old glass.  In just about 30  minutes I came home with 10 old bottles and jars.  These ranged in age from 1933-1955.  I found brown glass, and clear glass.  They all look so interesting.  I also found an old glass insulator for an eclectic line.  It is so neat!  The color is emerald green.  I wasn't sure what it was, I had to have my husband tell me.
If you are interested in collecting old glass, then get out in the woods and see what you can find.  Where I found the stuff today, was a place where someone must have had an old camp in the woods and this was a hole where they had buried all of their trash.  I dug up a lot of old tin cans before I got to the good stuff. 
The fun part about finding this stuff is, there is always a history lesson behind it, and it is a treasure hunt.  Lets face it, no matter how old we are, we love treasure hunts. 
Although I think old glass is about the best thing there is.  And, I would love to receive some as a gift, not all mothers feel this way!  Don't forget to get your mother something she would enjoy this Mother's day. 
http://www.zazzle.com/mainewildsensations/mom+gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment