Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ya I'm an apron wearing mom!

One of the things that people like to tease me about, is the fact that I am almost always wearing an apron.  I love to cook, but am very messy while cooking.  I don't like to ruin my clothes, so my solution is to always wear an apron.
I love to sew aprons.  They are very easy to make, and I love picking unique fabric to sew them.  I like to make mine reversible.  I do one side seasonal, and then the other side something that is great for anytime of year.  I use ribbon or lace for the ties.  All I do is cut both prints of fabric to the size I want, you can use an old apron as a pattern.  Then,  put both pieces facing each other with prints together.  I sew almost all the way around 1/4 inch in.  I leave about a 4 inch opening at the bottom that doesn't get sewed.  Then I flip the apron around, so the prints are on the outside and tuck in the opening.  Now, I sew all the way around again 1/4 inch in.  Add the straps and the project is done.  Of course not everyone wants to sew their own apron.
 Luckily, there are places that sell really unique aprons.  Check out this link!! 
http://www.zazzle.com/mainewildsensations/aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment