Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Collecting Old Bottles And Jars

One of my newest projects, is collecting old bottles!  I love this!  I never know where I am going to find them.
  I found some a few weeks ago in an opening along the edge of an old logging road.  They were canning jars dating around 1970.  One was a star jar and the other was a 2 Quart Jar.
Then, while driving out an old dirt road I found an old 1/2 gallon jar with etched flowers all along the top.  It looked like maybe an old juice jar. I have no idea what the age of this one was.  It was just laying on a stump along the edge of the woods.
Old foundations are another great place to look for bottles and jars.  I found an old juice jar and Pepsi bottle in an old foundation last week.  Then I went out back and found where the people used to bury their trash.  That is always a great find on an old property.  Because, they never had dumps, they had their own dump on their land.  Anyhow, I found an old glass octagon jar I have no idea how old.  I am guessing it was a pill jar.  An old whiskey bottle around the same age.  A ginger ale bottle 1 quart around 1970.  A soda bottle that is Christmas green and rough textured about 1940. 
My husband has found some other bottles while doing ground work on our land.  He found an old peroxide bottle that took a cork, an old 1940 Christmas green jar, and a tiny cork bottle that is really old.
My husband also found for me while hunting last fall some old bottles from the 1800's or maybe earlier.  Check out the picture of those on this T-shirt!
http://www.zazzle.com/mainewildsensations/cross+gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment