Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cheap Window Solution while house in under construction

As you can see from the photo, my house is under construction.  Regardless of the fact that I do not have any walls in my bedroom right now, I need to have some sort of shade or something up.  The problem is that I don't want to hang a shade and curtain up when I am going to have to take it down to put up walls.  I also don't want to put up anything nice until the room is finished.  If I put up something nice right now it would just get ruined. 
So I went to a discount store and bought a towel.  I decided that the towel, if done right could double as a curtain and a shade for right now!
This would also be great for anyone on a tight budget.

SUPPLIES

1 towel big enough for the window
1 spool of wide ribbon
2 tacks
scissors

All I did was cut 2 pieces of ribbon to the length of my towel.  Then I folded the ribbon in half.  I placed  each piece of the ribbon about 1/4 of the way in on the ends of the towel.  Then, I tacked the towel up to my window frame.  One tack on each of the ribbons, and one in the center of the towel. Then I tied a bow in the bottom of each of the ribbons. 
When night comes I let the towel hang down.  When it's daytime, I just roll the towel up and put it through each ribbon. 
It is kind of cute!
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment