Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

ON THE RANGE WESTERN OMELET

This morning, I woke up and felt like having something different for breakfast.  Now, there are several reasons why this could be a problem.  First, I make a big breakfast every morning, so pretty much anything I can think of I've already had recently.  Second, I am trying to eat completely out of my cupboards this week without buying a lot of groceries.  I found some roast beef sandwich meat, and I always have onion on hand.  This turned out great and was enough for 3people ! 

Ingredients
1 Tbs. butter
5 eggs
1/8 cup milk
1/2 onion chopped
1/4 green pepper chopped
1/4 lb. roast beef sandwich meat
3 slices deluxe American cheese
salt and pepper

Heat up a griddle on the stove at a medium low heat.  Melt the butter and spread over the griddle.  Crack the eggs, add the milk, onion and green pepper.  Whisk and pour onto griddle, spreading it out into a large square with the spatula.  Next, salt and pepper.  Cook until you can start to smell the onions and pepper and the egg is not runny.  Add  the cheese and roast beef along one side.  Flip the other side over on top of the side with the cheese and roast beef.  Turn the heat to low and let cook until cheese is melted.  Serve with buttered English muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment