Zazzle Store

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

50 MILES FROM A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT, AND A MASSIVE CRAVING!


Here's the thing, I live so far in the boonies, that a simple thing like a fast food burger becomes impossible.  So the only thing to do is to rummage the cupboards and improvise big time.  This is what I came up with.  The rodeo burger!

Ingredients
2 lbs. hamburger 90 % lean
1 onion sliced in rings
salt and pepper
buns
lettuce
Angus barbecue sauce
deluxe American cheese

I made the hamburger into patties and put them on my George Foreman Grill.  Then I salt and peppered and  laid the onion on top.  See photo above.  Then closed the cover and cooked it half done.  Next, I turned the onion over on each patty so that it would brown on both sides.  Then, I closed the cover and let it finish cooking.  When the burgers were cooked, I laid a piece of cheese on them, put them on a bun, added lettuce and the barbecue sauce.  This was delicious and took care of the craving.  Where there is a will, there is a way I always say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment